8.27.2011

Writer? Maybe

Like most people my age, the most writing I've probably ever done has been on Facebook. However, I do enjoy writing when I get the chance. I can't stand doing research and citing sources, even though I know I'll be doing a lot of that over the next four years. I enjoy creating a story and telling it like I was in it. I love to start with nothing and seeing the end result. When I read a story that I've written it almost feels like a memory. By no means do I consider myself good at writing. When I write, I write for myself. When it comes to writing for a class of course I'm going to try my best to appeal to my audience, but the story will always be a piece of me. My main character reflects a part of me that I would never be in reality or something that I aspire to be. I can become whoever I want to be in a story. I can be the bad girl that runs away to find something greater or I can be the successful business woman that I hope to become. There are so many things to learn so that my writing can get better. I want to become the writer that I think I can be. I want to have a skill that could possibly take me places. So, I hope you can help me figure it out through the course of this class. Am I a writer?

No comments:

Post a Comment